Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A bag for every occasion

 
A Tote or two... from this easy pattern 


 
 Totally Dotti inspired!
This one could be just what I need for the Babies Bag. 
Do you think it suits me?
 I am so completely hooked on Sewing now,  I cant stop! I find myself sneaking into the sewing room any spare chance I get, rummaging through thrift shops for fabric scraps and feeding my new addiction for vintage fabrics via ebay!  I have so many little projects on the go at the moment, I can get myself into a bit of a pickle sometimes with my daily family schedule and need to be a bit more mindful of the dinner menu and housekeeping plan but at 7 1/2 months pregnant you can probably imagine, its all such a chore. . .
I find sewing/crafting/creating so theraputic - Soul Food!  Can you survive on that?  Don't worry the children are still getting fed, bathed and educated... ; )

Most of my sewing projects are for practical use, completely inspired by Amanda Blake Soule's  Handmade Home, and not to mention the many, many wonderful creative bloggers out there. I'm on a mission to create as much as possible for my home decor and organisation.  

So after the Totes were created I moved onto a few drawstring bags, simply made with a basic rectangle pattern, sewn up the sides and added drawstring, these bags are useful for anything and everything.  
Bags for the little ones to keep their dolls and dolls clothes together, teddies, puzzles, lego etc... anything that usually gets scattered all over the floor, I will be making a few more of these in different fabrics, the plan is that the girls will identify what toys belong in what bags and Pack Up time should be easier, quicker and maybe more fun?
A Library Bag for my new little School girl

And a chalk bag (of course) for the chalk!
Bags are fun and easy to make and such a practical item to use in the home, or anywhere for that matter. If your interested in some easy bag patterns bookmark this page now, It's full of goodies. And go here to see other great bags used around my home. 
Happy Bagging!

21 comments:

  1. hello baby belly! you look a picture of health & your sewing is delightful. you have been busy busy. i love the bags but i also spy a sweet little doll sitting up there. she is very cute. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama, she is a sweet little dolly, a sewing project I thoroughly enjoyed.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous & clever, love the fabrics, but wow, love that baby belly! You look awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree that being creative is soul food. Sounds like you're enjoying this time, and it looks as though pregnancy agrees with you, you look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are so pretty. What a treat to see you blossoming as your precious treasure grows inside you. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bags are so sweet! You are making me think that I need more bags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for the tote bag tutorial link, what a fab idea to add a doiley for decoration - will try that idea!
    Bless you, not sure how you manage to fit everything in your day. Totally agree about the therapeutic value of crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your energy! Sewing is such a good therapeutic addiction :) The first few with the vintage fabric are so pretty!I have been procrastinating about making some bags lately :) Thanks for the little inspiration :) Happy sewing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy sewing too but don't get to do it enough. I have tons of patterns too, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nesting through sewing! i totally did that too, i made 5 quilts for my bub and had fabric for more when someone suggested maybe i had enough? lol nah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, don't say that Racheal, I'm just about ready to get a quilt started!!!

      Delete
  10. I think someone is definately nesting!!!What lovely little bags and gorgeous fabrics! I have been making some drawstring ones for the girls too...so handy to throw their 'favourites' in when we need to go out for the day and that way they have their own little bags!
    Your totes i might have to give a go too...if only i could get a chance to drag the sewing machine out!
    Love that belly, you look so healthy and full of love...have a restful weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've got it all sewn up Karen, loving your pretty bags - and your baby bump!! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. the belly and bags are beautiful...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're all bagged up! Loving those fabrics AND the bump!

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are right - you can never have too many bags!! I am working on finding the time to attempt to sew some myself. Now that I've seen you manage so many, shame on me, I say!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous bags and a gorgeous mummy :)

    Lovin' the new font xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your inspiration. I am now hooked on sewing tote bags. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have been busy! LOVE the totes, great work. I too get distracted from practical stuff like housework by creative things. Oh well, life is short ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...