Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't mind if I do . . .

Homemade Baileys IRISH CREAM 
made to share with family and friends
If you've never tried homemade baileys before then you must find a spare moment to try this recipe, I have been enjoying a glass or two (occasionally) by the fire of an evening.   I remember my Aunt used to always make up a batch for Family Christmas Presents when I was younger, I was always fascinated, and remember always sticking my finger in the bottle for just a little taste! 
Baileys
1 espresso cup of coffee (espresso cup size) 
or 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
 2 slightly heaped teaspoons of cocoa 
1  tablespoon of honey
300ml cream
 1 can of condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 & 2/3 cup of Scotch Whisky

Place all ingredients in a large jug and whisk with a hand held blender for approximately 30 seconds or until well combined.  
Pour into a pretty bottle and seal.
Rest for 24 hours to intensify the flavour
Put the Kids to Bed
Shake Well, Pour
and ENJOY!!!
Yes it is that easy!!! and Ohhh SO GOOD!

Store in the fridge for up to 2 months

8 comments:

  1. My nana used to make Kahlua with a very similar recipe if I remember correctly and it felt like forever to finally grow up and sample a glass. I am not a drinker by any stretch of the imagination but I do quite enjoy a glass every now and then :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right - it lasts two months does it - ours never made it that long - but good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best blog post in the whole world thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum - calories and alcohol together - my favourite mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an aunt who makes baileys for christmas too, although the first few bottles are always for taste testing (just to make sure the recipe is right you see)... so I don't think too much makes it out of her house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried it...but I definitely want to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont drink in the summer ;) much but I love to have baileys around Christmas time and it is very expensive so I dont usually buy it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...