Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Next on the Preserving List . . .

SWEET MUSTARD PICKLES
1 x cauliflower
250gm beans
2 x cucumbers
1/4  x capsicum
1/2 kg onions
Salt
Wash Cauliflower and divide into flowerettes
Slice and dice beans, cucumbers and capsicum
Peel and dice onions
Place together in a large pan and sprinkle with salt 
and leave stand for 24 hours
Wash in Cold Water, drain 
 Add 1x litre of Vinegar and bring to the boil
Mix together 1/2 cup Sugar
2 x tab Flour
2 x teasp ground Mustard
plus a handful of Mustard seeds
1 x teasp Curry powder
1 x teasp Turmeric
Add a little water to make a smooth paste and stir through 
Boil for about 15 minutes.  Bottle & Seal

Tip of the Day: Always wear gloves when grating Fresh Turmeric!


4 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic. I have never seen fresh turmeric before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness they look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you sure have been busy with all of you preserving etc, it looks so yummy but like all pickles will be even better after a bit of time no doubt.
    I make a lot of curry and have a number of tumeric spots on my bench top now that I cannot get off so if you have any ideas I would love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, my hands were yellow for days....it eventually wore off, As for bench tops, I use bleach on mine, or you could try the white magic cubes, they get everything off. Good luck! And yes, I usually make enough pickles to last me twelves months or so and they are so much tastier at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...