Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Buy an Orange Tree"

So hubby says to me "buy an orange tree, we'll plant it down the back". 
"Okay darl" I said, little does he know my plans are for an entire citrus orchard 'down the back'.
Today I came home with a Lime tree, Lemon, Kumquat, Tangelo, Blood Orange and of course an

It's raining here today so the ground should be perfect for an easy dig. I'll put it on hubby's list of things to do when he gets home....
Nothing like the taste of freshly picked home grown, juicy oranges, We already have an orange tree and two mandarin trees in our house yard, we  get plenty of fruit from these, but there is always room for more...it's nice to bag them up and send home with friends and family. 
And then there's always 'Marmelade'  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, am I jealous! How lovely to be able to grow citrus fruit right at home. I can't even imagine what that would be like. I've heard (could be false, but I'll believe anything), that they can graft citrus trees so that there are several different kinds of fruit on one tree. Now that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...